Director of Operations
Currently we are seeking a Director of Operations to join our Production team. Do you have five plus years with a proven track record in management experience in electronics manufacturing or related industries? Do you enjoy challenging work with potential career growth opportunities? We would love to meet you!
Position Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of this role is to manage and develop manufacturing programs and procedures which allow VEMCO to maintain and improve its competitive position. Directs and coordinates these activities so VEMCO products are manufactured on schedule and within high quality standards. Coordinates and enhances continuous improvement programs and lean manufacturing programs. Ensures employee safety is top priority. This position reports to VP of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage VEMCO Production personnel and process in a fast paced growing electronic manufacturing environment.
- Manage a team of direct reports and a department of electronic manufacturing staff.
- Manage Production personnel recruitment and retention.
- Ensure a safe productive environment is top priority.
- Manage personnel training and learning programs.
- Keep the Production lines balanced and ensure there is adequate cross training throughout production.
- Manage production schedules, inventories, and workloads.
- Track efficiencies, measure results and communicate performance on key performance indicators to track on time deliveries, quality, efficiencies, and waste.
- Develop priorities and manage continuous improvement processes and opportunities using Lean Manufacturing and Plan Do Check Act techniques.
- Through continuous improvement programs evaluate existing systems and develop improvements to allow for future growth.
- Recommend and implement changes in production methods in accordance with lean manufacturing and company objectives.
- Participate in developing and sustaining a VEMCO total quality management system.
- Develop and launch a Total Productive Maintenance Program to support reliable manufacturing in Production.
- Responsible for Production budgeting and cost tracking.
- Engage in meaningful Professional Development programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience leading teams. Good mentoring and coaching skills.
- Ability to achieve results working in a team environment.
- React appropriately and work well under pressure and in team and group problem solving situations.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills. Ability to see the big picture.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, yet highly organized.
- Strong scheduling and project management skills.
- Ability to develop precise and easily understood concepts and present them effectively.
- Ability to work and make well thought out decisions under pressure.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and how to apply it in real situations.
- Knowledge of SYSPRO Enterprise Resource Planning software or other ERP systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of VEMCO products and process is an asset.
- Industry experience in the Supply Chain is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, data base, scheduling, and project management software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- Proven track record with Five plus years of management experience in electronics manufacturing or related industries
Interested applicants should submit their resume and covering letter to the Human Resources Manager by July 31, 2015 or send to email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.