VEMCO is the world leader in the design and manufacture of underwater acoustic telemetry transmitters and receivers used in tracking fish and marine mammals. Our company and our industry are growing and this is an exciting time to get involved!
Currently we are seeking am experienced Procurement Specialist to join our Administration team. Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Procurement Specialist must be an excellent communicator and work well within a larger team environment. The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for supporting procurement, inventory, design and manufacturing activities within VEMCO.
- Prepare Syspro Purchase Orders for parts and service procurement.
- Send RFQs and review quotes from supplier
- Determine inventory levels to meet production requirements using Syspro job kitting sheets and MRP module
- Provide procurement support for Research & Development and Customer Support for prototype, Alpha and Beta product builds
- Create and support Syspro bill of materials for inventory control for Vemco receiver products
- Maintain MRP Syspro module with product forecast updates and component lead time
- Prepare parts kit for external contract manufacturers
- Assist in inventory count at quarterly and financial year end
- Provide timely and accurate procurement support
- Source and research potential material suppliers
- Purchasing for production consumables and Kanbans
- Syspro job creation and receiving for ASBD stock codes
- Backup for parts receiving and board screening
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- 2-year Electronics Technician Diploma Program would be beneficial
- University Bachelor’s degree would be beneficial.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both verbal and written), presentation, time management and organizational skills
- Team player
- Detail oriented
- Syspro or equivalent ERP software experience an asset
- Prior enterprise procurement experience an asset
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Backup for parts receiving and board screening.
VEMCO offers an attractive total compensation package to the selected candidate. VEMCO/AMIRIX has been named one of the Top 25 places to work in Atlantic Canada. Why? Because we know how to work and have some fun too!
Interested applicants should submit their resume and covering letter by August 30, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via facsimile to 902-450-1704. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.