Are you looking for a full time career? Are you tired of working part time or shift work with no weekends off? Would you love to work for a local Nova Scotia company? VEMCO offers an attractive total compensation package to the selected candidate. VEMCO has also been named one of the Top 25 places to work in Atlantic Canada.
If you have an eye for detail and like to work with small items, then consider a career with us as a Technical Assembler. We manufacture miniature transmitters and receivers used to track various fish species throughout the world’s oceans. Our company and our industry are growing and this is an exciting time to get involved! With a positive can-do attitude, we can provide you with the knowledge and experience to succeed.
Job Description (training will be provided)
- Work with an established assembly team to build miniature transmitters
- Assembly of miniature electronics and small mechanical parts
- Fine soldering including surface mount technology
- Potting and encapsulation of electronic assemblies
- Use electronic test instruments including multimeters and oscilloscopes
- Record test results
- Meet quality and production standards
- Other duties as assigned
Required Technical Skills
- Proficient with both Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems
- Computing skills: Email, and file/folder navigation
- Data entry (accurately recording test results)
Required experience and knowledge:
- College or equivalent experience and capability
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity without compromising quality standards
- Excellent organizational skills – you will be required to juggle many high priority issues in a fast paced environment
- Excellent teamwork skills – you will need to rely on the knowledge and expertise of many of your co-workers
- Open to change and continuous improvement
Interested applicants should submit their resume and covering letter by September 27, 2014, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via facsimile to 902-450-1704. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.