Looking for a career with a growing technology company?
Working at InnovaSea Marine Systems Canada Inc., you will primarily be working with our VEMCO and Realtime Aquaculture divisions. At VEMCO, we manufacture miniature transmitters and receivers used to track various fish species throughout the world’s oceans. At Realtime Aquaculture, we enable precision, data driven aquaculture with underwater wireless sensors that deliver real-time data to the cloud. Our company and our industry are growing and this is an exciting time to get involved!
Currently we are seeking an Assistant Controller to join our Finance and Administration team. Do you have three to five years of progressive accounting experience in manufacturing or related industries? Do you enjoy challenging work with potential career growth opportunities? We would love to meet you!
The Assistant Controller ensures the company’s finance function is organised, efficient and produces accurate financial information and is responsible for ensuring financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems are followed. This position reports to the Financial Controller.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for the ongoing monitoring of systems, processes and internal controls and supports the Financial Controller in the following functions:
- Consolidated and divisional financial reporting
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Pricing and costing
- Organizing and planning the audit
- Prepares special reports and financial analysis by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Analyses and interprets financial data
In addition, the Assistant Controller role spans the following broad functions:
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Maintains financial staff job results by coaching and counselling employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
We are seeking an accountant with a professional accounting designation with a unique combination of a strong technical background and the ability to develop relationships.
Work Experience and Skills
- Three to five years previous work experience in a similar role
- CPA designation
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in an accounting firm is considered an asset
- Working in a multi-currency, multi-divisional work environment
- Experience in managing employees and conducting performance reviews
- Experience working with ERP software required and with Syspro and Crystal Reports considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools – Word, Excel, etc.
- Good attention to detail with good judgement showing logical decision making, and hands on approach
- Self –motivated individual with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed