Customer Support Specialist
VEMCO is the world leader in the design and manufacture of underwater acoustic telemetry products for tracking aquatic species, and we have been helping researchers to understand aquatic animal movement patterns and behaviour across the globe for over 35 years. Our company is growing and this is an exciting time to get involved!
About the Opportunity
Do you have a scientific and tech-savvy mind? Do you enjoy working with people and helping them to solve problems? Do you thrive in a fast-paced team environment?
Reporting to the Director of Customer Success, the Customer Support Specialist will use their technical expertise, understanding of customer needs, and great people skills to resolve customers’ issues in a respectful, empathetic, and timely manner. As part of a front-line team dedicated to ensuring an exceptional customer experience with our company, the successful candidate will play an integral role in delighting our customers and taking our renowned customer service to the next level.
As a Customer Support Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Achieving and maintaining a high level of technical expertise in VEMCO products
- Delivering exceptional technical product support via phone, email, and social media to ensure that customers are successful with our products
- Assisting customers with telemetry study design questions and telemetry system performance questions through analysis of acoustic detection data
- Building strong trust-based customer relationships through personalized delivery of high-quality solutions
- Tracking customer issues and solutions and channeling this information to inform customer education and product development efforts
- Working collaboratively with various departments at Vemco as necessary to solve short-term customer issues and inform long-term solutions to common customer pain points
- Assisting with development and delivery of in-person customer training programs
- Evening/weekend/holiday hours may be required on occasion for timely support of our global customer base
- Occasional travel to scientific conferences and customer field sites
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field or equivalent education or experience
- Highly team-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Strong customer focus and a desire to exceed customer expectations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience manipulating, visualizing and summarizing scientific datasets in a script-based or formal programming language such as R, Python, or C#
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Ability to adapt and excel in a high-performance environment
- Self-motivated with a keen interest in skills development and personal growth
- Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications
- Background in biology or ecology
- Familiarity with acoustic telemetry products and telemetry study design
- Experience with visualization and analysis of animal telemetry data
- Customer-focused technical support experience and/or general customer service experience
- Scientific research and/or field work experience
- Experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Advanced computer programming skills
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, free parking, and onsite gym facilities. We also offer a flexible work environment, employee engagement events and career development opportunities.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.