Electronic Design Engineer
At InnovaSea Marine Systems Canada, our core purpose is to create the possibility for sustainable use of our ocean and fresh water ecosystems. Doing this effectively will require deep knowledge of how these ecosystems function, and our VEMCO product line of acoustic tag and receiver systems is the top choice of researchers worldwide who need to understand the lives of fish and other aquatic animals and their ecosystems.
We’re not satisfied with incremental improvement, our vision is to drive a revolutionary leap forward in the understanding of our ocean and freshwater ecosystems through the development of new and innovative technologies. Our company and our industry are growing and this is an exciting time to get involved!
We’re looking for an experienced and self-motivated Electrical Engineer to join our Production Engineering Team to create innovative and automated solutions to enable our Production department to grow in an exciting, competitive worldwide market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and deliver hardware and software solutions for use in the assembly and testing of new products, continuous improvement projects, and automation initiatives.
- Participate in cross functional teams during several stages of the New Production Introduction process and provide early feedback to R&D related to Design for Manufacture best practices.
- Work closely with Production to identify areas of improvement, with a focus on adding customer value and reducing cost.
- Manage improvement projects: estimate capital costs, resource requirements, and provide technical design support during installation.
- Use proven Lean Manufacturing and Plan Do Check Act techniques to ensure project deliverables are of high quality and on schedule.
- Quickly diagnose and resolve manufacturing challenges.
- Provide leadership and technical direction to junior engineers and technical support staff, impart engineering knowledge and encourage the professional development of others.
- Engage in meaningful Professional Development programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Proven track record with five years of experience in electronics design and manufacturing or related industries
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Personal integrity, and commitment
- Ability to work independently, initiate projects, and set priorities
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Good mentoring and coaching skills.
- Ability to achieve results working in a team environment.
- Proven Electrical Engineering skills developing and delivering custom electronic designs
- Experience developing embedded software systems
- Experience in programming languages and tools utilized in test equipment development
- Demonstrate strong technical documentation skills
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and how to apply it in real situations
- Manufacturing automation experience
- Experience developing software using C# or C++
Interested applicants should submit their resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 22, 2018. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.