Electronic Technician / Technologist
At InnovaSea Marine Systems Canada, our core purpose is to create the possibility for sustainable use of our ocean and fresh water ecosystems. Doing this effectively will require deep knowledge of how these ecosystems function, and our VEMCO product line of acoustic tag and receiver systems is the top choice of researchers worldwide who need to understand the lives of fish and other aquatic animals and their ecosystems.
We’re not satisfied with incremental improvement, our vision is to drive a revolutionary leap forward in the understanding of our ocean and freshwater ecosystems through the development of new and innovative technologies. Our company and our industry are growing and this is an exciting time to get involved!
We’re looking for an Electronic Technician/Technologist to join our Production Engineering Team. We are looking to create innovative and automated solutions to enable our Production department to grow in an exciting, competitive worldwide market. We are offering a 16-month term, with the opportunity for permanent employment. If you enjoy an engaging work environment and are interested in the health of our oceans and fisheries, we would welcome an opportunity to meet with you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the Production Engineering team by providing hands on technical support in fast-paced electronics manufacturing environment
- Follow best practices and ensure that safety is built into our standard operating procedures and equipment.
- Maintain focus on priorities and overcome technical constraints
- Participate in a Total Productive Maintenance Program – providing support with maintenance, processes, tests and repairs
- Assist with the investigation and resolution of production issues involving parts, processes, and equipment:
- Collection and analysis of production data
- Investigation of production articles through measurement, calculation, and observational analysis
- Perform root cause analysis on non-conforming product
- New product/process trials and qualifications
- Assist in the design, manufacturing, and implementation of production equipment which includes production fixtures, test jigs, and data analysis
- Assist with the design and implementation of automated production equipment
- Assist with QA testing programs
- Initiate continuous improvement projects and processes changes
- Completion of an Electronic Engineering Technician or Technologist diploma program
- Experience in electronic manufacturing or electronic design
- Advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be an outgoing and effective communicator
- Ability to perform service on electro-mechanical equipment, jigs, and fixtures
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and how to apply it in real situations
- Manufacturing automation experience
- Some knowledge/familiarity with PLC wiring, control, and programming
- Mechanical aptitude would be an asset
- Intermediate to advance user of Microsoft Office Suite
Interested applicants should submit their resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 19, 2018. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information on our company, please visit www.vemco.com. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.