Receiving and Procurement Administrator
At InnovaSea Marine Systems Canada, our core purpose is to create the possibility for sustainable use of our ocean and fresh water ecosystems. Doing this effectively will require deep knowledge of how these ecosystems function, and our VEMCO product line of acoustic tag and receiver systems is the top choice of researchers worldwide who need to understand the lives of fish and other aquatic animals and their ecosystems.
Our company and our industry are growing and this is an exciting time to get involved! We’re looking for an experienced and self-motivated Receiving and Procurement Administrator to join our Procurement Team to provide support to the Procurement team as required in projects or new processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The primary duties are to verify and receive incoming vendor shipments, manage distribution and storage of raw goods inventory and facilitate part transfers between warehouse locations
- Receiving: Verify that incoming vendor shipments match Purchase Order and Packing Slip
- Production Kanban: Coordinate with Production to refill Kanban inventory as required
- Weekly Cycle Count: Perform physical count of selected warehouse inventory each week, logging results and posting required adjustments in Syspro
- Consumables Procurement: Coordinate with Production to manage procurement for consumables Kanban. Coordinate with suppliers to request quotes and process Purchase Orders as required
- Returns: Contact suppliers to arrange return of defective or incorrect shipments. Collect pertinent information, prepare paperwork and provide goods to Shipping department for packing
- Kitting: Prepare kits of electronic components as required to support PCB assembly orders
- Packing Slips: Create Packing Slips for components shipments being sent to Contract Manufacturers
- Syspro Job Confirmation: Coordinate with Procurement Specialist to initiate creation of jobs in Syspro to process incoming shipments of assembled circuit boards
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Receiving/Procurement
- Experience with Enterprise Application Software
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders
- Personal integrity, and commitment
- Ability to work independently, initiate projects, and set priorities
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and willingness to work within a team
- High level of detail
- Ability to achieve results working in a team environment
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement concepts and ability to identify potential issues and suggest solutions
- Experience working in manufacturing
Interested applicants should submit their resume and covering letter to email@example.com by November 2, 2018. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.