Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
Looking for a career with a growing company?
VEMCO is the world leader in the design and manufacture of underwater acoustic telemetry transmitters and receivers used in tracking fish and marine mammals. Our company and our industry are growing and this is an exciting time to get involved!
We are currently looking for a Senior Embedded Systems Engineer who will work collaboratively with a team of highly qualified electronics, firmware, and software engineers to design, implement, qualify, and deliver state-of-the-art ocean mammal and fish tracking products for Vemco. More specifically, the Senior Embedded Systems Engineer will provide technical leadership during the design, implementation, and qualification of highly reliable, low power, small size electronics as well as the associated microcontroller and DSP firmware. The Senior Embedded Systems Engineer will additionally provide technical mentorship for junior team members and work closely with Vemco’s production department to ensure that the product designs are suitable for manufacturing.
- The successful candidate will have a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum 10 years of experience designing low power small footprint embedded systems (i.e., including both electronics and associated microcontroller firmware).
- The successful candidate will have designed embedded systems that have succeeded as products in the field.
- The successful candidate will have significant experience designing, implementing, and qualifying extremely low power electronics.
- The successful candidate will have significant experience designing, implementing, and qualifying extremely small size electronics.
- The successful candidate will have significant experience designing, implementing, and qualifying highly reliable microcontroller firmware for low power application.
- The successful candidate will have significant experience in Digital Signal Processing (DSP) for digital communications applications and techniques for implementing digital communications algorithms, using DSP, in microcontroller firmware.
- A Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent would be a highly desired asset.
- A strong understanding of the underwater acoustics communications channel and associated underwater acoustics communications techniques would be a highly desired asset.
- A P.Eng. designation, or the ability to obtain a P.Eng. designation would be a desired asset.
- An understanding of underwater acoustics transduction would be a desired asset.
- Challenging, innovative project work
- Competitive salary and generous benefits package
- Company pension plan
- Support for professional development opportunities
- Balanced and team-oriented work environment
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please send your resume in confidence directly to Ruth A. MacDonald, Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, by February 23,2018.We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.