Senior Firmware Designer
Looking for a career with a growing Nova Scotia company?
VEMCO is the world leader in the design and manufacture of underwater acoustic telemetry transmitters and receivers used in tracking fish and marine mammals. Our company and our industry are growing and this is an exciting time to get involved!
We are currently looking for an experienced firmware designer to be a member of our Research and Development team. This individual will take a lead role in developing and implementing embedded firmware for Vemco fish-tracking products. The role is ideal for somebody who loves to dig into details at the very deepest levels, particularly somebody who likes working with math and signal processing.
- Development of suitable firmware architectures for various micro-controllers
- Integration of 3rd party firmware modules as needed, such as real-time operating systems
- Implementation of firmware following company practices for version control, etc.
- Design for low power / small footprint operation
- Development and execution of thorough test plans focused on reliability in the field
- Collaboration with other developers, including circuit board designers and system-level designers
- Collaboration with other departments, throughout the product development cycle
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum five years of experience with firmware design
Other Attributes Considered Assets
- Experience with digital signal processing is considered a strong asset
- Experience with communication systems
- Experience with electronics / circuit board design
- Experience developing underwater equipment
- Challenging, innovative project work
- Competitive salary and generous benefits package
- Support for professional development opportunities
- Balanced and team-oriented work environment
Interested applicants should submit their resume and covering letter to the Human Resources Manager by May 19, 2017, or send to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.