Looking for a career with a growing Nova Scotia company?
VEMCO is the world leader in the design and manufacture of underwater acoustic telemetry transmitters and receivers used in tracking fish and marine mammals. Our parent company, InnovaSea Systems Inc., and our industry are growing and this is an exciting time to get involved!
About the Opportunity
Be part of a fast-moving shipping team in the acoustics telemetry industry. We are looking for an experienced Shipping Clerk with the right skills and personality to join our team. This role is an opportunity to work with a talented and engaged team, while having a direct impact on the success of our business!
- Shipping globally from packaging and preparation of all necessary documentation such as waybills, dangerous goods documentation, repair certificates and B13 submissions to transport materials both domestically and internationally
- Work with Customs Brokers to provide all necessary documentation requirements for customs clearance
- Plan and manage transport of outgoing goods – domestic and international
- Acquire and supply quotes and courier options to our sales department
- Keep up to date with current practices through training opportunities
- Front desk duties, such as answering phones, coordinating office related duties
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 2-3 years experience
- Working towards FIT or CCLP Designation (Canadian Institute of Traffic and Transportation)
- Current Dangerous Goods certificate
- Experience with Syspro or another ERP software
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A customer first attitude
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft office
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and work in a fast-paced office setting
- Demonstrated ability to share skills and knowledge with others
- Flexibility in adapting to change and how to do tasks differently
Why Work for Vemco?
VEMCO prides itself on having a highly skilled and motivated team of employees who are strongly committed to our success and future direction. We are committed to being a dynamic organization by encouraging our employees’ individual and professional development.
Choosing a career with VEMCO means an exciting future filled with possibilities. We are looking for employees with a positive attitude, have a passion to work as a team, who want to make a difference and share our values:
- we are in this together,
- we care about our customers,
- we are driven by knowledge and learning,
- we innovate and evolve.
We foster an environment that is challenging, interesting, friendly, safe and fun. Balance between work and family life is a core value in our company.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including free parking and onsite gym facilities. We also offer flexible work options, employee engagement events and career development opportunities.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, March 23rd. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.